Monday, November 07, 2005

trip to TN




Our family made a three day trip to Crossville, Tennessee this weekend for the memorial service for Martha's grandmother who was 101. (My grandmother died at 102, so Kate and Molly may have some long life possibilities before them. I guess, Martha and I may too.)

I haven't been in eastern Tennessee in the fall since 1988. It is gorgeous. As we cut across the Cumberland Plateau and then down off of it at Harriman heading up the valley to Oak Ridge and Clinton...and then headed up I-75 near Lake City and over Jellico Mountain, the sun was out, the trees and mountains were glorious. I was listening on my MP3 player to Brahm's Requiem Mass. I looked in the rear view mirror at Kate and Molly who were enjoying the ride by watching a dvd...their heads close together. Tears came to my eyes. It was a moment of pure heaven.

1 Comments:

At 9:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

For the next hurricane tracker ; the easy way to keep going.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home