Friday, October 21, 2005

working out

At age 57 keeping in good physical shape has become a necessity. Swimming and yoga are my two favorite forms of exercise with hiking close behind. But I allow my schedule to become too "busy" for lengths at a time and I wind up in an ever deeper hole of being out of shape and not feeling good.

I'm not back at three weeks of working out after about 4-5 months of little to none. I feel tired, but a good tired...not a drained tired. The excess pounds I have put on over these past months do not come off easily. And carrying this extra weight makes me feel a drained tired and just plain lethargic.

Self care is essential daily for me. That includes the exercise; spiritual disciplines of prayer, meditational reading and quiet, and journaling; and good diet. Yet these become so quickly lost in the "oughts and shoulds" of the activities which take over our life. And I mean literally take over our life.

Well, I need to get a good sleep so I can get up in the morning and do some yoga.

Night. God bless and keep you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home