Tuesday, November 01, 2005

colleges

As my daugther Kate starts to consider colleges, I have put together my list of favorite colleges. They reflect not just academically, but in campus life and core values, what I believe in and hope for my daughters to experience, learn, and grow with.

Northland College in Ashland, WI. Not well known, but I think a college that more people should support and more students consider.
Hope College in Holland, MI. Found out about this place through Colleges that Change Lives. It has the best I have found of mix with an openness of those who follow Jesus Christ, the world around us, and growing in body, mind and spirit. They have their conflicts between the fundamentalist types and the liberal types, but better that than lock step conservatism or liberalism.
Ohio Weslyan University in Deleware, OH
Grinnell College in Grinnell, IA
Juniata College in Huntingdom, PA
Elizabethtown College, Elizabethtown, PA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home