Saturday, September 24, 2005

is time fast or slow

I bought my daughter a car this week. How did this moment get here so fast! Time seems to be slowing down around the hurricanes and their results. Time seems to be speeding up around my family growing up. Why is "time" so different? Its slow for a friend who is experiencing confusion and frustration around some issues that other folks are throwing in the way of her professional life. It is fast for those of us around Nancy Fisher as she comes closer to her end of life here on earth. I want my retirement age to hurry up and get here so I can access my pension and then really do and say what I want to in ministry and not worry about whether the institutional financial viability will enable my salary. The "beginning" of creation seems so ancient and yet when I read the story of Adam and Eve it seems like it is really my life story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home