Wednesday, November 02, 2005

another friend meets God deep

A few weeks ago I posted about our friend Nancy who died after an amazing journey of becoming closer and deeper with the presence of God and her anticipation of knowing God more fully after her death. 
 
Another close friend, Linda, who is one of the great three spiritual sisters (Nancy, Linda, and my wife Martha) just experienced that reality in the most unexpected and frightening way.  I post her email about it below:
 
 
Tonight I was at the Southside License Bureau in Youngstown to do the programming for the go live tomorrow.

Right before closing at 5:30 ...three armed robbers came in and robbed us.
My partner (Dawn who's pregnant), me, 3 clerks and 4 customers.

My back was to the counter and I didn't see them coming... Dawn shoved me down to the floor with her.  They jumped over us, roughed us up and put a gun between us.   There was lots of shouting and get down and give us the money, running and shouting by the robbers, etc.

I was the oldest person there and they must have assumed I was the boss.
One of them got down to my level.....put the gun between my eyes and yelled at me to open the safe.  I looked right at him and told him I didn't work there, I was just there doing programming...."Honest to God, I didn't have the combination to their safe."  In my head I was saying to my self....this is it, you are a dead woman!

I tell you all this, because I was always certain that I would be a screaming idiot in that situation.  I was NOT!  I was so calm and even when I thought I was a dead woman.....I KNEW God was with me.  I can't explain my behavior....I was totally OK!

After they took the money and left...the biggest black male customer started wailing and fell to the floor hyperventilating.   I went right to him and began rubbing his head  and helping him calm his breathing and called the ambulance and police!  Another black woman customer was sobbing and shaking and said she was pregnant with babies at home and didn't want to die.  I assured her God was with us and we were Ok and we were going home tonight to our familiies.  One by one they started shaking and crying and I went to them.   I am telling you God sent me to them....I was out of my own body, this couldn't have been the Linda I know doing this!!  Dawn said I was AMAZING...I have to agree, God did something through me, I'll never be able to explain.

All I could think on the way home was..."Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil, for Thou art with me!"

Yes, I finally cried on the way home and the big boss called me and told me I am not to go to work tomorrow.

It was the scariest thing I have ever been through....and I wasn't afraid!!

God is great!!!!!!!!!

LOVE YOU ALL,
LINDA



David Loar
http://discipledavid.blogspot.com ...my blog
http://www.fairlawnwest.org ...church web site
http://www.loar.org ...family web site

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home