Friday, September 02, 2005

read this for times like these

Here are two articles I think in the midst of "all this" is helpful for those of us who are called as disciples and servants of Jesus Christ. Our mission is to share the Good News, no matter the time or condition. Or another way to put it, "when you are up to your ass in alligators, who is going to drain the swamp?" Who will share the Gospel when the world around us is in catastrophe?


Hope in the Face of Loss by Walter Brueggemann. "What happens when your world collapses, when the foundations of your faith crumble and dissolve? Biblical hope -- running through both Testaments -- points the way to courage and confident. It is a gift the world cannot give."



The Christian Challenge in a Postmodern World by N.T. Wright the wonderful author, New Testament scholar, and Bishop of Durham (England) where I visited 4 years ago. I heard him give this similar talk a year ago in person.

1 Comments:

At 3:50 PM , Blogger Bob Robinson said...

Good stuff here!!!

I don't know if you've had the chance to read my current series--
Toward a Proper Christian Response to Postmodernity

Hope all is well in my old stompin' grounds, Fairlawn!

I'm going to give you a call this week.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home