Tuesday, October 07, 2003

day off...what is it?

What's a day off? Off from what? For me it means not going into my office, but there are still things I do. This morning I hiked the Mingo Trail at Sand Run Metro Park. Great hike. Probably the most continuously strenous hike in our area. Up and down. 3.4 miles. Beautiful. We saw four groups of deer in the woods and one drinking in the stream. We saw a hawk bring its captured mouse to a rotted tall tree trunk 15 yards from us to eat. Color just starting to come in spots. Temperature in the high 30's. This is a great day off. Duane Ewing (6' 8') and I (5' 8") have hiked or played 9 holes of golf almost every Tuesday for the last four years. A lot more hiking than golfing.

Right now I'm writing this and listening to classic rock on the internet. A day of Neil Young is a goodly spent day off. But I've got more to do. Dirt to shovel. Grass to mow. Bills to pay. Exercise machine to finish assembling. AND time for prayer and meditation. The latter makes every day a day off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home