Monday, May 10, 2004

journey of faith

This thing called the journey of faith is not easy. Yet it provides the most wonderful gifts of peace I have ever known. In the last four years I have spent a great deal of time particularly in studying the Acts of the Apostles and Paul's teaching letter or epistles in the New Testament. I see the present day church more and more as I read these. And I hear from more and more people the desire to learn from these lessons of our great ancestral spiritual leaders.

I have been a great fan of the prophets of the Old Testament for years...at least 30. In the past few years I have returned to them as well. Right now our mall food court Bible study is reading Jeremiah. (We started four years ago in the food court reading Acts thinking it was in that kind of setting the Apostle Paul would come to today. We now average around 12-15 people a Thursday. Plus we interact with a variety of people who are regulars there on Thursdays plus other folks who see us with Bibles and come and ask us to pray for them with various life dilemmas they are facing.)

Yet, I am amazed at the lessons Paul is teaching us day after day.

=======

Molly broke her left clavicle at the soccer game tonight. She has great disappointment because she will miss the Miller South School and the Martell Dance Studio recitals, plus the rest of my teams and the Greater Akron Premier spring soccer seasons. But the break is not bad and will heal in 3-4 weeks. She wanted to keep playing...she was on a break-a-way to the goal when she got taken out by a girl twice her size and she went flying. This lesson of "change in plans" is a hard one for her right now. Great disappointment. (BTW, even with Molly gone, our team beat the first place team from Alliance 1-0!) As the team coach, I will miss her. I could rely on Molly to play any position as I needed, and she could do it well. She is a solid defender, even though she is small. Never lets a ball or player by her. Good instincts on the field.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home