Friday, October 16, 2009

passion for forgiveness

I am passionate about forgiveness...for myself. I know I need it, want it, and seek it.

However, the passion for forgiving is not as strong. Jesus tells us that the two intertwined - forgiving others leads to forgiveness for ourselves. The Lord's Prayer says that. Jesus says it in other contexts.

The church has a mission to share the Gospel. The heart of the Gospel is the love of God for humanity that he gave his only beloved child, a son, who was full of love in human form, to forgive us for the past, the present and the future. The best of proclaiming is to live it.

God, may I receive your love and live by forgiveness.

United Church of Christ, UCC, Akron, Ohio, Loar, forgiveness, emergent

1 Comments:

At 9:38 AM , Blogger Grandma Zell (Sally) said...

we all need and deserve forgiveness

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home