Thursday, April 09, 2009

the days of...

With all the details of prep for the services the of this week and the weekend, plus all the other church stuff that needed to get done, I am tired.

Have I spiritually prepared myself? I think not. I have tried to live the ordinary, regular pace and then expect that I will be able to "observe" these holy days. It is as if Lent lost its way in these last days. And I like the disciples with Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane couldn't keep watch with him even for a little while.

I am worried that with my anxiousness about these days, I have acted in ways that has upset other people. I have felt impatient. I want to get back to the spiritual path and it seems as though the worldly path has made it into a six lane expressway with traffic buzzing all around. Which lane should I be in? Will I find the Christ on this road?

I have amends to make. But right now I don't know if I am feeling truly sorry or just plain tired.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 8:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

being a spiritual leader can leave one feeling "wiped out".

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home