Tuesday, July 12, 2005

a hero falls?

I have heard a rumor of one my mentors/teachers/heros having a "fall" in his personal life. I had heard rumors surrounding this for close to two decades. But then, I remember of my "falling" times in life too. Then I think of the stories that surrounded Martin Luther King and Paul Tillich and Karl Barth about their extramarital sexual relationships. And what of...? There are so many. This is not to justify, but to wonder. Who is to be the one to cast the first stone? Yet, go and sin no more!

1 Comments:

At 8:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well don't we just love to cast the first stone? I do it so often it's embarassing. I did it today judging president Bush on a public forum even though I felt God didn't want me to.

It's so sad we do this. And it's so sad we do this actually thinking "we're better" that the other person.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home