Monday, July 04, 2005

freedom!?

Its the 4th of July.

Are we simply remembering a historic action and dream that has lost its truthfulness in the human use of power or is there yet a living vision that is stronger than any military or beaureaucratic function?

I don not envision that the G8 Conference will make much of a difference. (I enjoyed the Live 8 concert though).

I don't think that either the US left or right wings convey any true meaning of justice and hope for the world. They are more engaged in a battle of who is right and who will prevail than really seeking to change the values that make the world go round.

I put my trust more in groups like Heifer International which is really changing lives. Even 60 Minutes think so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home