Monday, September 13, 2004

anticipation

I am leaving later this morning for Atlanta for three days of conversation with Walt Brueggemann and Brian McLarren with other folks through emergent. Here are some other links for Walt: "Biblical Authority: A Personal Reflection" , a collection of articles from "The Other Side" magazine, another collection of articles by Walt. Walt was my professor of Old Testament at Eden Seminary in the early '70's. Brian I have come to know in the past two years. He spent three days with us at Fairlawn-West UCC in March of '04. They come from different ends of my present faith journey and personally they come from very different backgrounds. Yet, this conversation with them and others is the coming of full circle. Brian comes from a very fundamentalist tradition and is at the forefront of reflecting on the church in the emerging culture. Walt is one of the best reflectors on Biblical theology, the story of God's people, and how we function as children of God.

I will be writing here during my stay in Atlanta. If you would like to read updates, come and visit.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home