Tuesday, November 06, 2007

self righteous compost

I'm feeling real self-righteous today. While all my neighbors raked and blew their leaves out to the curb for the city to pick up, I mulched and piled all mine with grass clippings in my own compost pile. I can hardly wait until spring to use this large compost I have started in my beds and yard.

The city will take the leaves to our municipal compost plant and sell back to us our leaves. I'm glad they do that instead of just dumping them. But I just feel so right about doing my own compost pile. I've heard in some setting though that these piles don't comply with zoning and folks have had to remove them.

I'd love to see a neighborhood full of compost piles! Something about redeeming the waste...sounds God like to me.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home