Friday, October 13, 2006

comment from the past

I just became aware of a comment (reply) to one of my posts a few months ago that made a very derogatory personal comment about me from my past 25 years ago. (I thought Blogger was notifying me of all comments.) I have since deleted that comment. I am also moving to approving all comments. They will be posted to the site, but I will be notified for approval to keep them up on the site.

The person who shared the comment (who didn't post their name) obviously is feeling a lot of pain from something that must have happened with them over 25 years ago. In reading it myself I felt the pain of my past. The comment was gratefully brought to my attention by someone who has also been reading this blog and is involved with their own journey of spiritual recovery and healing from the past of their life.

From the wording of the comment, I have a pretty good clue who posted it. May God forgive us both for what we have done to hurt each other! I believe God has. May we forgive each other? As I read the comment, it brought back a rush of "old" feelings. Over the past hour I have prayed and read scripture and talked with some folks who guide me in recovery. I pray that whoever the person was who posted the comment will have similar gifts of grace from God in their life now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home